UKQ UK Approved International Diploma in Community Welfare Work in Islamabad
This UKQ UK Approved International Diploma in Community Welfare Work provides the theoretical and practical foundation for work in the human services sector. Students gain skills in case management, community development, counselling, social research, policy work, advocacy, and grief and loss counselling. Emphasis is placed on social justice and human rights as the basis for community welfare practice
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those coming direct from school or interested in building on existing industry experience and vocational qualifications in welfare and community service work and healthcare.
Why this course?
The UKQ UK Approved International Diploma in Community Welfare Work provides students with the knowledge and skills to work in the community services sector in residential and community settings. Students will learn how to provide a holistic approach to client needs, including social, emotional, psychological, and practical support.
- Introductory Client Centred Health Care
- Foundations of Community Health Work
- Children and Young People at Risk
- Information and Evidence in Health and Social Care
- Interprofessional Practice in Health and Social Care
- Communication for Health Professionals
- The Context of the Health and Community Services
- Working with Aboriginal People
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Synthesise and apply foundational knowledge and skills to facilitate optimal outcomes for individuals and communities;
- Demonstrate a range of skills in inter-professional and/or transcultural health contexts to meet individual and community requirements;
- Work collaboratively and ethically with individuals or groups to implement socially inclusive and culturally appropriate strategies in a range of welfare and community sector settings; and
- Use strategies to maintain their own health and well-being when working in challenging situations.
Students who successfully complete the programme should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to effectively communicate in welfare and development interactions and respond to the demands of various groups awareness of the basic issues that marginalised socioeconomic groups face
- Knowledge and grasp of community welfare and development ideas and issues
- Understanding of the legal, ethical, and social responsibilities that come with working in community organisations
- Knowledge of important sustainability principles and indicators, as well as an understanding of the economic, social, and environmental settings of current sustainability challenges
- Ability to conduct critical evaluations of their community’s social, economic, cultural, and political contexts in order to make educated decisions
- Collaboration, resourcefulness, sensitivity to varied needs, and a dedication to equity and social justice are all desirable characteristics.
- Professional abilities in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a variety of community development initiatives relevant to the context of community welfare and development
- Ability to efficiently use community organisations’ available resources
- A professional approach that is critical, introspective, and ethical
- Fundamental communication abilities suited to community workplaces
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******