PECB CANADA ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery – Training Courses & Certification in Islamabad || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
It is estimated that globally, over $1.5 trillion in bribes changes hands every year. Apart from the negative economic impact, bribery also impacts the whole society as it undermines trust, leads to unfairness, creates inequality, and stifles motivation. ISO joined the global fight against bribery by developing ISO 37001, an international standard that sets out the requirements for an anti-bribery management system (ABMS).
Figure 1: Some statistics about bribery
What is ISO 37001?
Published in 2016 as a Type A management system standard (MSS), ISO 37001 specifies the requirements and provides guidance for the establishment, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and continual improvement of an ABMS.
An ABMS based on ISO 37001 is intended to help organizations effectively prevent, detect, and respond to bribery. Other forms of corruption, such as fraud, are not covered by the standard. The requirements of the standard are generic and applicable to all organizations, regardless of their type, size, and sector (public, private, or not-for-profit). Furthermore, ISO 37001 can be used to tackle bribery by or of the organization as well as direct and indirect bribery.
Figure 2: Applicability of ISO 37001
ISO 37001 follows the High-Level Structure (HLS) and shares the common terminology with other management system standards developed by ISO. This means that an ABMS can either be established as a stand-alone management system, be part of an overall compliance management system based on ISO 37301, or be integrated with other management systems based on standards such as ISO 37002, ISO 9001, and ISO 45001.
ISO 37001 benefits to organizations
Implementing an ABMS based on ISO 37001 can be a good strategic decision to demonstrate an organization’s commitment to effectively prevent, detect, and respond to bribery. Organizations seeking an effective ABMS will have to demonstrate their commitment to prevent bribery by establishing policies, procedures, and controls which contribute in reducing bribery risks. Nevertheless, the requirements of ISO 37001 are generic; therefore, organizations will have plenty of freedom to establish an ABMS which best suits their needs.
Some of the benefits that organizations would obtain by implementing an ABMS based on ISO 37001 include:
- Improved ability to detect, prevent, and respond to bribery by or of the organization
- Opportunity to certify the ABMS by undergoing a conformity assessment from an accredited conformity assessment body
- Establishment of processes that allow proper due diligence of prospective personnel and business associates
- Opportunity to contribute in the global fight against bribery
- Opportunity to shape, improve, or transform the culture of an organization
- Improved ability to respond, mitigate, and deal with the consequences if a bribery case occurs
- In certain jurisdictions, the existence of an internal mechanism to address bribery issues can reduce penalties in cases of wrongdoing
Why should you attend one of our ISO 37001 training courses?
As a global provider of training, examination, and certification services, PECB will help you become a successful anti-bribery consultant, auditor, or implementation/auditing team member.
- ISO 37001 Introduction training course is appropriate for professionals who want to obtain a brief and overall understanding of ISO 37001 requirements for an ABMS
- ISO 37001 Foundation training course is appropriate for entry-level professionals who want to acquire a clause-by-clause overview of ISO 37001 requirements for an ABMS.
- ISO 37001 Lead Implementer is a five-day training course that will enable you to acquire the necessary competencies to implement, operate, maintain, and continually improve an ABMS based on ISO 37001.
- ISO 37001 Lead Auditor is a five-day training course that allows you to obtain the necessary capabilities to audit an ABMS against the criteria established by ISO 37001, based on the good practices and guidelines and requirements for auditing management systems outlined by ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1.
Join the global fight against bribery!
Why choose PECB?
Internationally recognized, PECB certifications represent peer recognition and demonstrate your professional capabilities. Our ISO 37001 Lead Auditor and ISO 37001 Lead Implementer certificates are accredited by IAS. The IAS Accreditation Mark provides additional value to the certificate and allows you to capitalize on the worldwide recognition that IAS holds.
You can find other resources on anti-bribery and ISO 37001 by PECB below:
- PECB Anti-Bribery Conference 2021
- Anti-Bribery Management Systems based on ISO 37001 — Why and How? — PECB Insights
- Best Anti-Bribery and Compliance Books to Read in 2021 — PECB Insights
- Creating a Culture of Compliance: How to Build a Robust Anti-Bribery Compliance Program — PECB Insights
- The ISO 37001 and Anti-Bribery PECB Insights Conference 2017
How do I get started with ISO 37001 Training?
PECB Certified ISO 37001 training courses available
ISO 37001 Introduction
Get introduced to ISO 37001 requirements for an ABMS
ISO 37001 Foundation
Obtain a clause-by-clause overview of ISO 37001 requirements for an ABMS
ISO 37001 Lead Implementer
Acquire the necessary competencies to guide and support organizations to establish, implement, operate, maintain, and continually improve an ABMS based on ISO 37001
ISO 37001 Lead Auditor
Develop the competencies to audit an ABMS against the criteria established by ISO 37001, based on the guidelines of ISO 19011 and requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1