A (Hons) Music with Musical Theatre Specialise in specific areas of composition or performance and develop your skills Course in Islamabad || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
Train in stage acting, singing and dance
This BA (Hons) Music with Musical Theatre degree gives you the opportunity to train in musical theatre dance, singing and stage acting. You will focus your studies to reflect your strengths as you develop your specialist practical skills in vocal or instrumental performance in one of the largest music departments in the UK.
In your second and third years you may choose to audition for performance projects at the Alexandra Theatre, other regional theatres, and in our own campus performance spaces.
Performance projects range from large scale musical theatre with full pit orchestra set and costume to straight plays, smaller ensemble projects and dance revues. You can also develop skills in technical theatre and arts management roles by supporting performance projects.
You will be able to join a selection of our six orchestras, nine other large ensembles, five choirs and more than 70 small ensembles and take part in music performances on campus, within the region and on regular overseas tours.
On this course you will:
- Train in musical theatre dance, singing and stage acting.
- Target your studies to reflect your strengths.
- Develop specialist practical skills in vocal or instrumental performance.
- Have the opportunity to audition for performance projects at the Alexandra Theatre, other regional theatres and in campus performance spaces.
- Perform in a range of projects.
- Join a selection of our six orchestras, nine other large ensembles, five choirs and more than 70 small ensembles.
- Be able to take part in music performance work on campus, within the region and on regular overseas tours.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
During your studies you will develop the skills you need to navigate the complexities of the musical theatre and music industries. You will learn through a professional standard of training in a well-structured and ambitious timetable and considerable contact time with tutors.
You will be taught by a core team of experienced and highly-qualified tutors together with a wide-ranging team of acting, dance and vocal coaches drawn from a team of more than 200 specialist staff. All of our tutors are professional practitioners and offer peer support as they share their knowledge and expertise with you.
You will be assessed by a variety of methods including essays, portfolios, examinations, performances and practical work, project work, presentations and seminar discussions.
What you will study
You will study a selection of core and optional modules in each year. Each module is worth a number of credits is delivered differently, depending on its content and focus of study.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Musical Theatre Skills
You will explore the importance of communicative performance and of an actively engaging relationship with the viewer in group lessons and in formative performance assessment. You will discuss aspects of performance practice relevant to your individual choice and develop your skills in forming critical judgements of performance.
You can also access our Professional Resilience modules throughout your degree. These modules explore a range of different strategies and offer support to the emerging arts practitioner. You will be introduced to a number of different models of successful self development.
Course elements will vary, but may include:
- Get out of your mind for free, how to handle unwanted Private Events (thoughts, feelings, physical sensations);
- Love your Ears – Raising Awareness about Dangers of Hearing Loss;
- Mood and Food, explore the Relationship of what you eat and how you feel;
- Making Achievable Goals;
- Spirituality and Wellbeing;
- An Introduction to Colour Analysis and Style;
- Employability and Careers;
- Mindfulness and Creative Practice, offering techniques to help ‘quiet your mind’ and relax in the present moment;
- Active Listening;
- The Performing Body, using Alexander Technique and Feldenkrais Method;
- Yoga for singers and instrumentalists
- Tai Chi
Where you could go after your studies
This BA (Hons) Music and Musical Theatre degree will give you a broad range of skills to enhance your employability after you graduate. Our alumni are now working within some of the principal producing houses.
As performers, our alumni have gone into:
- West End productions
- Major touring productions throughout Europe
- Pit band and musical direction regionally and in the West End
- Major cruise ships including Disney
- UK and International small-scale touring theatre
- Film and TV in both the UK and US
- Edinburgh Festival
- Stage managers, arts managers and producers earning prestigious contracts in the UK and around the world
You could choose to continue your studies at postgraduate level.
Study options at the University of Chichester include:
- MA Music Performance
- MA Music Teaching