What are the precautions for welding?
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
1. Remove all combustion material from the place of welding
2. Clear the work area and cover wooden floor with fire proof mats. (Welding mechanic should
be kept within the visibility of the welders.
3. Erect fire resistance screen around the work
4. All welding cables should be fully insulted
5. All welding mics shall be double earthed
6. Welding area should be dry and free from water
7. Keep the fire extinguisher / sand really
8. Use leather hand gloves, goggles and helmets
9. Switch off the power when welding is stopped
10. Do not allow the helper to do welding
11. Do not shift the welding cable unless the electric power is switched off.
12. Do not allow the helper to carry the welding. Terminal of the welding cables should be
provided 3-cable with lugs and kept tight.
13. Oxygen hose in black and Acetylene hose in red in color as per standard
14. NRV of the blow torches should be maintained properly avoid back fire
15. Welders should be trained properly
16. Cylinders should be stored in a cold dry place away bottom heat and direct sunlight.
17. Proper housekeeping, good ventilation in the working area
18. Smoking should be avoided from welding area
19. Hose connection should be proper made
20. Barricade the work area and put a sign board
21. Rolling of cylinders should be avoided
22. Flash back arrestor should be attached in each cylinder
23. Any leakage of cylinder should be kept separately