UKQ UK Approved Rigger Grade (III) Course
When you are ready to take your rigging knowledge to new heights UKQ UK Approved Rigger Grade (III) program will teach concepts and techniques to move loads under any given circumstances. Learn to winch and drift loads, calculate stress in multiple hitch configurations, application of beam and trolley clamps, and much more.
Why this course?
A qualified rigger is defined as a qualified person who, by possession of a recognized degree, certificate or professional standing, or who by extensive knowledge, training and experience, successfully demonstrated the ability to solve/resolve problems relating to rigging. This course brings all of the rigging concerns into focus for a practical, field proven method of ensuring rigging safety.
Who is this Course for?
Any Individual of Legal Age, Managers, Supervisors, Foreman, Riggers, Operators
- International Health and Safety Passport
- LOLER, PUWER, Standards
- Roles and Responsibilities of Lifting Personnel
- Lifting Accessories (Safe use, inspection, and discard criteria)
- Lifting Appliance (Safe use, inspection, and discard criteria)
- Load (Weight Calculation, CoG, Lifting Points etc.)
- Wire Rope Inspection
- Appointed Person Rigging
- Crane Selection
- Crane Operation
- Method of Slinging
- Subsea Lifting Operation
- Winch and Pulling Operation
- Rigging Loft Management
- Man Riding Operation
- Overhead Gantry Cranes
- Lifting Plan
- Theory Assessment
- Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation
- Implement control measures to address the identified hazards
- Plan the route for lifting and moving the load to minimize any risk to personnel and surroundings
- Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
- Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
- Communicate, discuss and agree with appropriate personnel, actions to take related to the lifting operation in the event of an emergency
- Inform the relevant personnel of the lifting operation and identify any potential disruption to operations
- Obtain the resources identified in the lifting plan required to move the load, following relevant rigging loft procedures.
- Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are free of obvious defects, and certification is current
- Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Prepare the load according to specified requirements of the lifting plan
- Protect the load from possible damage during the lifting operation
- Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
- Determine the centre of gravity of a load that has an offset centre of gravity
- Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
- This course certifies trainees with a Grade 3 Rigger certificate which equips them to manage complex loads, cranes and alternative lifting devices.
- After completing this rigger Grade (III) course learners will have the opportunity to make a good career in the field of rigger
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******