UKQ UK Approved International Diploma in University Management
This course aims to help university leaders to do just that. This course has been fully updated to take account of the important changes that have occurred since the second edition was published in 2010. It includes entirely new sections to help leaders and managers:
To prepare for – or review – their role: your first hundred days; avoiding cognitive bias; developing a flexible mindset; mapping your university culture; To make a difference in their role – strategic planning; reviewing your course portfolio and subject area; improving student outcomes and your TEF assessment; enhancing your staff experience; managing projects; To navigate their role – assessing and mitigating risk; managing up; the psychological contract; handling complaints; handling an employment tribunal; To understand how environmental changes affect their role: the new HE landscape; globalization and populism; widening participation and social mobility.
This course defines fundamental, underlying or pivot strategic and principles that regularly used by university management. This course comes up with principle of performance management as well as tacking poor performance. The trainee will be able to comprehend the significance and intent behind the key terminologies/principles that are frequently employed. The course could be seen as an introduction to university management concepts.
- Knowing your Environment: The new higher education landscape; the key strategic challenges for universities.
- Knowing your institution: The management of HEIs, the governance of HEIs & The entrepreneurial university.
- Leading the department: Guiding principles of leadership and manager.
- Leading by example: Handling conflicts.
- Managing for higher performance: Managing staff performance.
- Developing staff: How to Recruiting and selecting staff.
- Leading and celebrating diversity: Why does diversity matter in University?
- Enhancing the student experience: Improving student outcome and your TEF.
- Managing change: How to Manage change in your department.
- Managing up and managing downside.
- Managing yourself: How organizing yourself.
Who should take or profit for this course:
- For University Dean.
- For University Chief of staff.
- For University Chief Financial officer.
- For University vice president for HR.
- For University vice president for Academic Affairs.
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******