UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in Global Positioning System Course
This UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in Global Positioning System course presents an in-depth review of the Global Positioning System and its evolution. A Global Positioning System (GPS) is a radio navigation system that is based in space. GPS provides users with precise information about their position, velocity, and time, everywhere in the world and in all-weather situations.
Why this Course?
The Global Positioning System GPS is one of the most powerful modern technologies. Civilian applications of GPS are rapidly growing and these applications will revolutionize our society in the near future. Many opportunities exist in industry and government agencies for engineers with background and formal training in GPS theory and design.
Who is this course for?
This course is for the individual who want to learn about Global Positioning System and want to enhance their Knowledge regarding Global Positioning System.
- Reference systems,
- Mathematical models for positioning,
- Cycle slips detection,
- Ambiguity in phase determination,
- Multipath effects,
- Atmospheric delays,
- Adjustment of mathematical GPS models,
- Adjustment of Networks,
- Transformation of GPS results,
- GPS and Galileo
- Describe the core principles and ideas of the Global Positioning System.
- Calculate the orbit locations and velocities of GPS satellites.
- Using GPS pseudo range data, calculate the user’s position.
- Calculate and investigate the sources of mistake in GPS user position estimations.
- Using local area Differential GPS, correct GPS user position inaccuracies.
- Organize and compose technical reports
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations
Following are the advantages of GPS:
- The GPS signal is available worldwide. Therefore, users will not be deprived of it anywhere
- GPS can be used anywhere in the world, it is powered by world satellites, so it can be accessed anywhere, a solid tracking system and a GPS receiver are all you need.
- The GPS system gets calibrated by its own and hence it is easy to be used by anyone.
- It provides users with information based on location in real time. This is helpful in different applications such as mapping (used in cars), location (geocaching), analysis of performance (used in sports), etc. Example: Application for Google Earth
- This course will provide students with a firm background in the fundamentals of GPS theory and design. The course has a required weekly laboratory component which will provide students with hands on experience through laboratory experience and a design project.
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******