UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in Fire Safety (Level-II) Course
This may be as routinely as conceivable a challenging and energizing course, highlighting work affiliation and passed on by lively master guides all sharp to brace you towards Success
UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in Fire Safety (Level II) allows candidates to develop their basic fire safety awareness. It is especially helpful for representatives who are to have an assigned liability regarding working environment fire safety, for example as fire superintendents or fire marshals, and gives the information that will permit them to complete obligations to fire safety and crisis methods.
Why this Course?
This UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in Fire Safety (Level II) Course is designed for employees who want to develop their basic fire safety awareness in order to assist their employer by undertaking more specific fire safety roles in the workplace to manage fire risk (e.g., as fire wardens/marshals/stewards etc)
Who is this course for?
This course is particularly useful for managers, supervisors and fire marshals and all staff working in any area of the business where there is the potential risk of fire. It is also ideal for anyone taking a level 2 fire safety qualification.
The course can also be used as part of the on-programme element of the new apprenticeship standards, supporting the knowledge, skills and behaviours apprentices need to effectively integrate into the workplace.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the components of the fire triangle.
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion.
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards.
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards.
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards.
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished.
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely.
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used.
- Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace.
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
- State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace: on a day-to-day basis during an emergency if they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised.
After completing this course, the learner will have knowledge to,
- Define the following key terms:
- means of escape
- Identify the role of fire wardens in their workplace:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
- If they are away from their designated area of responsibility when the alarm is raised
- Identify hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- Describe how fire can spread
- Outline the steps within a fire risk assessment
- Identify the common causes of fires in the workplace
- Describe how the components of the fire triangle affect a fire
- Describe ways to reduce the likelihood of a fire and improve safety within the workplace
- Identify the elements of a means of escape
- Identify methods of detection and raising the alarm
- Identify types and uses of fire-fighting equipment
- Outline the duties of employers and employees in fire safety in the workplace
Successfully completion of this course will learner will have strong information about,
- Definition of a fire.
- What do if you or others are caught in a fire.
- How to evacuate efficiently during an emergency.
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fires in the workplace.
- Understand how fire risks are controlled in the workplace.
- How to control a fire using fire extinguishing materials and techniques.
- Understanding the fire triangle.
- Defining the types of fire.
- Understanding the types of fire extinguishers and their components.
- How to use a fire extinguisher.
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******