UKQ UK Approved International Certificate in English Language Reading & Writing in Islamabad
This course will teach learners the fundamentals of English reading and writing. They will learn how to scan and skim documents, extract important concepts, annotate and summarise passages, and so on. They will also become acquainted with the fundamental grammar and mechanics of writing, as well as how to construct phrases and paragraphs. Through hands-on activities, participants will learn, practise, and apply language norms and basic communication skills.
Why this course?
This course is designed as an entry level course for adults to help them comprehend and grasp the usage of basic English grammar. Participants will learn, practice and use English grammatical structures such as verb tenses, sentence structures, parts of speech and punctuation rules to hone their verbal and written communication skills. Grammatical structures will be practiced and applied in contexts familiar to the participants.
- Here you can find activities to practise your listening skills. Listening will help you to improve your understanding of the language and your pronunciation.
- Here you can find activities to practise your reading skills. Reading will help you to improve your understanding of the language and build your vocabulary.
- Here you can find activities to practise your writing skills. You can improve your writing by understanding model texts and how they’re structured.
- Here you can find activities to practise your speaking skills. You can improve your speaking by noticing the language we use in different situations and practising useful phrases.
At the successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Apply different reading techniques
- Communicate in written and oral English with peers and teachers
- Rely less on their first languages and increase their use of English in formal and informal situations
- Identify and apply correct English grammar in multiple contexts
Upon completion of the course, participants should be able to apply key grammar concepts in everyday written and verbal communication. They should be able to construct simple sentences in correct grammatical structure, deliver short presentations on simple topics, identify features of basic writing and participate in class discussions and question-answer sessions with confidence.
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******