UKQ UK Approved Diploma in Building Management
The Building Management Systems (BMS) also known as Building Automation Systems (BAS), Building Management and Control System (BMCS), Direct Digital Controls (DDC) and Building Controls.
Other terms associated with Control Systems include: Supervisory, Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Energy Management System (EMS). Data gathering panels (DGP), Modbus, Lon works, and Banat – All refer to communications protocols, ‘Front End’ – legacy term used to refer to the BMS Operator Workstation.
What is a Building Management System?
- BMS systems are “Intelligent” microprocessor based controller networks installed to monitor and control a buildings technical systems and services such as air conditioning, ventilation, lighting and hydraulics.
- More specifically they link the functionality of individual pieces of building equipment so that they operate as one complete integrated system.
- Now installed in every major building or facility with the availability of direct integration into all other building services such as security, access control, CCTV, fire, Lifts and other life and safety systems.
- Current generation BMS systems are now based on open communications protocols and are WEB enabled allowing integration of systems from multiple system vendors and access from anywhere in the world.
Who should take or profit for this course:
- This course for all levels and all who interested in building management and automation systems
- Purpose and intent
- Approved manufacturers
- General requirements
- Existing systems
- Direct digital control system
- System architecture
- Operating environment
- Direct digital control units
- Computers, handhelds and access devices
- System communications
- Network computer software
- Laboratory flow control system (with or without fume hoods)
- Automatic control valves
- Automatic control and automatic smoke dampers
- Power requirements
- Description of control operation
- Installation requirements
- Testing calibration and commissioning
- Instruction of operating personal.
- Services and maintence requirements
United Kingdom Qualifications (UKQ) Limited today is an international awarding organisation, offering qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. UK-Qualifications recognises the skills, knowledge and understanding achieved by a learner at a particular level and in a particular subject.
****** For Registration & Information ******