ProQual Level 2 Award in First Aid at Work Awareness Course in Pakistan || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
The Level 2 Award in First Aid at Work Awareness is a knowledge-based qualification for individuals working in all sectors which aims to raise awareness of a range of first aid emergencies in the workplace.
The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual).
This qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework.
Qualification title ProQual Level 2 Award in First Aid at Work Awareness
Ofqual qualification number 603/5498/7 Level Level 2
Total qualification time 15 Hours (7 GLH)
Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
Qualification start date 17/2/2020 Qualification end date
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete the Mandatory unit.
|H/617/9601||First Aid at Work Awareness||2||7|
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 3 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
- Level 3 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
- enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
- provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
- provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence
Candidates must demonstrate the level of knowledge described in the unit. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification.
Each candidate is required to produce evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Evidence can include: – workbooks
– portfolio of evidence
Learning outcomes set out what a candidate is expected to know, understand or be able to do.
Assessment criteria specify the standard a candidate must meet to show the learning outcome has been achieved.
Learning outcomes and assessment criteria for this qualification can be found from page 8 onwards.
An internal quality assurance verifier confirms that assessment decisions made in centres are made by competent and qualified assessors, that they are the result of sound and fair assessment practice and that they are recorded accurately and appropriately.
Adjustments to standard assessment arrangements are made on the individual needs of candidates. ProQual’s Reasonable Adjustments Policy and Special Consideration Policy sets out the steps to follow when implementing reasonable adjustments and special considerations and the service that ProQual provides for some of these arrangements.
Centres should contact ProQual for further information or queries about the contents of the policy.
All enquiries relating to assessment or other decisions should be dealt with by centres, with
reference to ProQual’s Enquiries and Appeals Procedures.
Candidates who achieve the requirements for the qualification will be awarded:
- A certificate listing the unit achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title –
ProQual Level 2 Award in First Aid at Work Awareness
Centres may claim certificates for candidates who have been registered with ProQual and who have successfully achieved the requirements for the qualification. All certificates will be issued to the centre for successful candidates.
If a replacement certificate is required a request must be made to ProQual in writing. Replacement certificates are labelled as such and are only provided when the claim has been authenticated. Refer to the Fee Schedule for details of charges for replacement certificates.
- Understand how to identify a first aid emergency in the workplace
- Understand the signs and symptoms of a range of first aid emergencies in the workplace
- Understand the role of a first aider in the workplace
- Describe how to:
- identify a first aid emergency
- establish the nature and extent of a first aid emergency
- Describe what actions to take after identifying a first aid emergency
- Identify the main signs / symptoms of each of the following:
- blocked or partially blocked airway
- wounds/ minor injuries
- eye and head injuries
- internal bleeding
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction
- nose bleeds
- epileptic seizure
- heart attack
- Describe what cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) is
- Describe the safe use of automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Describe the role of a first aider in the workplace
- Identify the first aider(s) in their workplace
- Identify the location of first aid equipment in their workplace
There must be valid, authentic and sufficient for all the assessment criteria. However, one piece of evidence may be used to meet the requirements of more than one learning outcome or assessment criterion.