OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development qualification is to provide learners with an opportunity for deeper engagement with academic and professional skills. These skills will enable learners to advance to academic study through the development of academic conventions, procedures and considerations relevant to study in higher education.
It will also enable learners to develop relevant academic skills towards professional, organisational and self-management attributes that are associated with professional practice.
The aims of this programme will allow learners to:
- Apply principles of academic convention
- Develop academic assignments
- Use analytical and critical skills to develop arguments
- Apply time management skills for academic study
- Understand how to source and utilise information for academic study
- Understand own learning styles.
- For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 5 diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course.
OTHM qualifications RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent level to relevant Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development consists of 1 mandatory unit, of 20 credits, 200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 100 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
Academic and Professional Skills Development (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
The OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Academic and Professional Skills Development qualification bridges the educational and skills gap between relevant qualifications at levels 5,6 and 7.
****** For Registration & Information ******