OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to provide learners with a specialist programme of study that provides a depth of knowledge and understanding of key aspects within the tourism and hospitality sector. This qualification is designed for people who wish to deepen their knowledge and obtain a recognised qualification in the field of tourism and hospitality.
Learners will study level 4 and 5 units, worth 120 credits per academic year with a total credit value of 240 credits (equivalent to the first 2 years of an honours degree).
The Level 4 units introduce relevant Tourism and Hospitality subject specific areas that lay the foundations for learning.
These units combine theoretical knowledge with practical application and will provide learners with knowledge and skills in the areas of academic and research skills, the tourism and hospitality business environment, the development of the tourism and hospitality industry, services marketing, consumer behaviour, sustainability in tourism and hospitality and event management.
With the Level 5 units, learners have the opportunity to specialise and progress in a variety of relevant Tourism and Hospitality subject areas.
Learners will develop and enhance their skills in the following areas: customer relationship management, digital marketing management, human resources management accounting and operations management, as well as becoming aware of current trends and issues in the tourism and hospitality industry.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow learners to work in a variety of roles within tourism and hospitality management and to progress to further study.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification consists of twelve mandatory units, 240 credits, 2400 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and the recommended Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is a minimum of 1200 hours.
To achieve the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management, learners must achieve 240 credits, of which 120 credits are at Level 4 (6 units) and 120 credits are at Level 5 (6 units).
Level 4 units:
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Business Environment for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Services Marketing in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Sustainability in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- The Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Level 5 units:
- Digital Marketing Management for Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Management Accounting (20 credits)
- Management of Human Resources (20 credits)
- Customer Relationship Management (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over two academic years for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification.
****** For Registration & Information ******