OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification is to provide learners with a specialist programme of study that provides a depth of knowledge and understanding of key aspects within the Logistics and Supply Chain Management sector.
Learners will study level 4 and 5 units, worth 120 credits per academic year with a total credit value of 240 credits (equivalent to the first 2 years of an honours degree). All units are mandatory.
The Level 4 units lay the foundations of learning by providing an introduction to contemporary Business and LCSM topics.
The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of academic and research skills, logistics and the business environment, effective performance, planning and accountability, finance, communication, management and team working.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunities to apply key skills and techniques in a variety of relevant subject areas. The programme of study provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective planning, risk assessment, forecasting, policy, management theory and practice in logistics and supply chain management.
Successful completion of this qualification will allow learners to work in a variety of roles within logistics and supply chain management and to progress to further study.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
- The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management qualification consists of 12 mandatory units, 240 credits, 2400 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and the recommended Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is a minimum of 1200 hours.
To achieve the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, learners must achieve 240 credits, of which 120 credits are at Level 4 (6 units) and 120 credits are at Level 5 (6 units).
Level 4: 6 Mandatory units:
- Academic Writing and Research Skills (20 credits)
- Logistics and the Business Environment (20 credits)
- Operations and Logistics Management (20 credits)
- Finance and Accounting (20 credits)
- Communication in Business (20 credits)
- Leading and Managing Teams (20 credits)
Level 5: 6 Mandatory units:
- Principles and Concepts of Strategy (20 credits)
- Procurement and Inventory Management (20 credits)
- Contract and Financial Management (20 credits)
- Global Context of Supply Chains (20 credits)
- Principles and Concepts of Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
- Contemporary Issues in Supply Chain Management (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over two academic years for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management provides learners with the opportunity to access a wide range of academic progressions including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
****** For Registration & Information ******