OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification is to develop a learner’s practical teaching skills and prepare them to work in a wide range of educational and training contexts.
Learners will study level 4 and 5 units, worth 120 credits per academic year with a total credit value of 240 credits (equivalent to the first 2 years of an honours degree).
The Level 4 units provide an introduction to relevant education and training principles and practices. These units include both theoretical and practical content, and learners will be able to gain knowledge and skills in the areas of education and training programme design, learner engagement, and planning and monitoring their own work as well as evaluating the quality of education and training provision. They will also learn about the importance of reflecting on their current practice, identifying their own learning needs and professional development.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of learning and assessment, behaviour management, learning and communication, concepts of lifelong learning, resources planning and management, leadership and continued professional development.
Please note that the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification does not enable learners to apply for QTLS or become a recognised qualified teacher, but the qualification does provide the knowledge and skills to prepare them for a teaching role.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification consists of 12 mandatory units, 240 credits, 2400 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and the recommended Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is a minimum of 1200 hours.
To achieve the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management, learners must achieve 240 credits, of which 120 credits are at Level 4 (6 units) and 120 credits are at Level 5 (6 units).
Level 4: 6 Mandatory units:
- Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Design Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Engage Learners in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Evaluate Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Professional Development and Reflection in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Level 5: 6 Mandatory units:
- Applied Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning – Key Concepts (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Reflective Practice and Professional Development (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over two academic years for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Extended Diploma in Education and Training Management provides learners with the opportunity to access a wide range of academic progression, including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning.
****** For Registration & Information ******