OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to equip learners with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills required for a career or further study in the health and social care sector at a managerial level. The programme enables learners to demonstrate their skills by producing evidence from their work or training activities.
The Level 5 units give learners the opportunity to progress in specific subject occupational areas. Learners will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective partnership working, managing the care of vulnerable individuals, team management, professional supervision practices, health education, promoting wellbeing and how to complete a research project on a relevant Health and Social Care topic.
Successful completion of this qualification will equip learners with industry-specific and practical skills, enabling them to apply their knowledge in the workplace, enhance their career prospects and allow progression to further study.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners who wish to study this qualification is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 3 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Managing the Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Individuals (20 credits)
- Health Education and Promoting Wellbeing (20 credits)
- Team Management in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Professional Supervision Practice in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
- Research Methods in Health and Social Care (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
- The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
- The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 6 Diplomas.
The Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management has been developed with career progression and professional recognition in mind.
****** For Registration & Information ******