OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education.
The qualification provides learners with knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective administrator or manager in the education sector. The Level 5 units will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, lifelong learning, resource management, planning and accountability, reflective practice, professional development and team leadership.
Please note that the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification does not enable learners to apply for QTLS or become a recognised qualified teacher, but the qualification does provide the knowledge and skills for learners to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 4 Diploma qualification or equivalent recognised qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM Level 5 Diploma qualifications represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Diplomas (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Applied Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning – Key Concepts (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Reflective Practice and Professional Development (20 credits)
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training Management provides learners with the opportunity to access a wide range of academic progressions, including the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Teaching and Learning.
****** For Registration & Information ******