OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training Management in Islamabad
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification is to develop a learner’s practical teaching skills and prepare them to work in a wide range of educational and training contexts.
The Level 4 units provide an introduction to relevant education and training principles and practices. These units include both theoretical and practical content, and learners will be able to gain knowledge and skills in the areas of education and training programme design, learner engagement, and planning and monitoring their own work as well as evaluating the quality of education and training provision. They will also learn about the importance of reflecting on their current practice, identifying their own learning needs and professional development.
Successful completion of this qualification will support learners progressing to university, and to provide learners with the requisite skills and knowledge to enter the world of work in their chosen sector.
- These qualifications are designed for learners who are typically aged 18 and above.
- The entry profile for learners is likely to include at least one of the following:
- Relevant Level 3 Diploma or equivalent qualification
- GCE Advanced level in 2 subjects or equivalent qualification
- Mature learners (over 21) with relevant management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units, 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and the recommended Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for this qualification is a minimum of 600 hours.
- Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Design Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Engage Learners in Education and Training (20 credits)
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Evaluate Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Professional Development and Reflection in Education and Training (20 credits)
Duration and delivery:
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.
The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.
Assessment and verification:
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the centre and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
To achieve a ‘pass’ for a unit, learners must provide evidence to demonstrate that they have fulfilled all the learning outcomes and meet the standards specified by all assessment criteria. Judgement that the learners have successfully fulfilled the assessment criteria is made by the Assessor.
The Assessor should provide an audit trail showing how the judgement of the learners’ overall achievement has been arrived at.
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training Management qualification provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including progression to relevant OTHM Level 5 Diplomas.
****** For Registration & Information ******