Level 3 Certificate in Individual Support Study in Australia
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason. Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
Course Structure / Units Of Competency
The Diploma of Certificate in Individual Support requires the successful completion of 12 units of competency.
- Provide individualised support
- Support independence and wellbeing
- Communicate and work in health or community services
- Work with diverse people
- Work legally and ethically
- Recognise healthy body systems
- Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- Provide support to people living with dementia
- Meet personal support needs
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- Support group activities
- Work with people with mental health issues
Minimum education standard
- Year 12 or equivalent.
- Students must be 18 years of age or above.
Study Pathway and Career Opportunities
After completion of Certificate in Individual Support, students may wish to undertake higher AQF level courses such as:
- Certificate IV in Disability
- Certificate IV in Ageing Support
If a qualification is only partly achieved, a Statement of Attainment is issued for successful achievement of a single or multiple unit of competency.
Students who complete this course may gain work as a
- Personal care worker
- Personal care assistant
- Home care assistant
- Respite worker – facility or in-home
All units of competence will be assessed using a selection of tools
- Workplace observation
- Practical Class Demonstration
- Written Assessment Tasks
- Group discussions
- Workplace Hours Logbook
- Third party evidence
Delivery Mode, Duration And Location
Duration : 44 weeks tuition + 8 weeks break
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning and work based
****** For Registration & Information ******