Diploma in Food Handling
The Diploma in Food Handling is designed to provide comprehensive training for individuals interested in pursuing a career in the food service industry. This program equips participants with essential knowledge and skills related to food safety, hygiene, and handling practices. As food safety is paramount in any food-related business, this diploma is ideal for aspiring chefs, food service workers, restaurant owners, and anyone involved in food preparation and service.
Upon successful completion of this diploma, participants will gain a deep understanding of food safety principles and best practices, ensuring the safe handling and preparation of food. Graduates will be better equipped to protect consumers from foodborne illnesses, enhance the reputation of their establishments, and adhere to regulatory requirements.
Who is this Course For
This course is suitable for:
- Aspiring and current chefs
- Food service professionals
- Restaurant and food establishment owners
- Catering personnel
- Anyone involved in food preparation and service
By the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of food handling, including hygiene, storage, and safety.
- Identify potential sources of food contamination and implement preventive measures.
- Recognize and mitigate the risk of foodborne diseases.
- Effectively conserve and store food items to maintain freshness and quality.
- Demonstrate personal hygiene practices that minimize the risk of food contamination.
- Maintain a clean and hygienic food service environment.
- Implement the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) self-control system and comply with relevant regulations.
- Comprehend and adhere to food information laws, especially regarding allergen disclosure.
- Implement and promote COVID-19 prevention measures within the food service industry.
Course Study Units:
1. Food Handler Training: Introduction
- Introduction to food handling
- Importance of food safety
- Role of food handlers in ensuring safety
2. Food Hygiene
- Principles of food hygiene
- Good hygiene practices in food handling
- Preventing cross-contamination
3. Contamination of Food
- Sources and types of food contamination
- Identifying and preventing contamination risks
- Safe handling of potentially hazardous foods
4. Food-borne Diseases
- Common foodborne illnesses
- Symptoms and prevention
- Reporting and response to outbreaks
5. Conservation and Storage of Food
- Food preservation methods
- Proper storage techniques
- Reducing food waste
6. Personal Hygiene of Food Handlers
- Importance of personal hygiene
- Handwashing and hand hygiene
- Proper attire and grooming
7. General Cleanliness and Hygiene
- Cleaning and sanitizing food preparation areas
- Pest control measures
- Maintaining a clean kitchen and dining area
8. HACCP Self-Control System and Regulation
- Understanding HACCP principles
- Developing and implementing HACCP plans
- Compliance with food safety regulations
9. Food Information Law (Allergens)
- Allergen identification and labeling
- Handling allergen-containing foods
- Compliance with allergen disclosure laws
10. COVID-19 Prevention Measures
- Understanding COVID-19 transmission
- Implementing safety measures in food establishments
- Adapting to changing health guidelines
Future of This Course
The food service industry continues to evolve, with an increasing emphasis on food safety and hygiene. As consumer awareness grows, the demand for well-trained food handlers is expected to rise. Graduates of the Diploma in Food Handling will be well-prepared to meet these industry demands, ensuring safe and high-quality food service for years to come. Additionally, this diploma program will stay current by incorporating updates related to food safety regulations and emerging health concerns, such as new infectious diseases. Continuous improvement and adaptation are key to the continued success of this program. Graduates will be positioned for successful careers in various food-related fields, contributing to the overall well-being of their communities.
****** For Registration & Information ******