Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (Software Engineer) Degree Apprenticeship Boost your career and combine academic learning with on-the-job training Course in Pakistan || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
This Digital Technology Solution Professional (Software Engineer) Degree Apprenticeship uses university-based study and practical workplace learning to prepare you for your career as an IT Professional.
You will be employed full time or part time by a business and attend university on a day-release basis to integrate academic learning and on-the-job practical training. This ensures you will graduate with the experience your employer needs now and in the future.
When you graduate you will be awarded a Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship which includes a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineer) degree.
This course aims to produce IT professionals who can make a real contribution to their employer within their first few months. You will graduate with key IT professional skills and the knowledge IT employers need.
The course has core and occupational pathway options. Core modules will focus on the study of IT in business; you will study a mixture of technology, business, project work and transferable skills.
The core modules make up around 60% of the programme and include the following topics:
- Foundations of Information Technology Systems
- Systems Development Fundamentals
- Data Fundamentals
- Information and Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Business Organisation Fundamentals
- IT Project Management Fundamentals
- Computer Systems and Network Fundamentals
- Interpersonal and Foundation Skills Fundamentals
During this course you will have a full time job with your employer and be able to apply your learning in the workplace. When you graduate you will be awarded a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Engineer) degree.
The Degree Apprenticeship is delivered one day a week, over 4 years, starting in September. The programme is open to both existing employees and newly-recruited staff.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
This course is delivered over 4 years with each year divided into three 10-week terms. You will attend the University for one day per week during term time and study two modules each term, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
You will be expected to apply and develop your learning in your workplace. You will usually be assessed using coursework that will support your soft skills including report writing, presentations, and analysis.
What you will study
You will study a range of modules in each year.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Networked World, Systems and Architecture
- Introduction to Programming – Procedural Language (Python)
- Working with others in academic and workplace settings
- Web Design and Programming (PHP)
- Management & Organisations
- Personal Development Planning and Core Skills
- Fundamentals of Website Development
- Dynamic and Data Driven Systems (MySQL, Access)
- Enhancing Web User Experience
- Business Operations and Process Analysis and Design
- Project Management
- Development Programming Language 2 – Object Orientated (Java)
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Developing Real Systems for Customers (project plus SDLC analysis)
- Developing Real Systems for Customers (continued plus testing)
- Critical issues in the management of IT service support organisations
- Enterprise infrastructure design and architectures
- Developing IT Strategy
- Customer Information Management and Business Intelligence
- System Development Project
- Work Based Learning Portfolio
What you could do after you graduate
You will prepare for your career as a software engineering and develop specific industry skills. This course flexible to meet the needs of employers so you can specialise in the areas relevant to you.