BSc (Hons) Digital Film Technologies Develop your skills with industry equipment and work with professionals across the film industry Course in Islamabad || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
Develop your creativity
This BSc (Hons) Digital Film Technologies degree introduces you to creative apparatus and equipment from your first year. You will use industry standard hardware, software and the digital workflows in specialist academic and practical modules.
You will have a range opportunities to apply your skills while you study, including the chance to work on live briefs such as drama productions, multi-camera filming and post production projects. You will engage with numerous drama, performance and voice related projects with fellow students, staff and professional associates, and gain an understanding of production practices as you work with filmmakers, writers, animators and students from across the department.
You will explore topics like cinematography, sound design and audio capture, recording studio operations, studio techniques for film and TV, lighting and grip, motion control, cine robotics and motion capture. You can also support your studies with theoretical modules to explore the history, theory and cultural relevance of screen based content.
As an accredited Avid Learning Partner we train students to a certificated level across the Avid Media Composer range of post production software. You will use a full range of post production software covering sound design, picture grading and SXF.
On this course you will:
- Discover a range of specialist topics in across the filmmaking industry.
- Use industry standard hardware and software.
- Collaborate with dedicated crafts people and makers from across the creative industries.
- Learn from practitioners and current industry figures including award winning directors, producers, designers, actors, writers, animators, editors and composers.
- Be able to join department field trips to international film festivals, professional film shoots and industry conventions.
- Study to a certified level in Avid Media Composer software.
- Have the opportunity to develop your early career profile on IMDC (Internet Movie Data Base).
As part of the Department of Creative Industries you will benefit from our industry partnerships with companies including HyperX, DXRacer, Twitch, ARRI, and AVID, and be able to access to industry standard software such as Nuke, Maya and Houdini.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
You will spend time in scheduled classes such as workshops, lecture and seminars, and spend time studying independently outside of scheduled hours.
You will be assessed through a range of assignments, including:
- Short films
- Audio tracks
- Video essays
- Creative portfolios
- Reflective writing
- Skills observation
- Continuous assessment