BA (Hons) Teaching of Musical Theatre (TMT) Learn to teach musical theatre and audition to perform at local theatres Course in Pakistan || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
Learn to share your passion with others
This BA (Hons) Teaching of Musical Theatre (TMT) degree is delivered by highly experienced practitioners in musical theatre and in the specialist teaching of performance work, You will train in musical theatre dance, singing and stage acting. You will select your study focus to reflect your strengths in these different areas from the first year, and develop your practical skills in vocal or dance teaching throughout the degree.
You will have opportunities to perform in projects ranging from large scale musical theatre productions with full pit orchestra, set and costume, to straight plays, smaller ensemble projects and dance revues. In your second and third year you will have opportunities to audition for performance projects at the Alexandra Theatre, other regional theatres and in our own campus performance spaces.
You will study a range of topics with a specific focus on teaching others and be able to develop skills in technical theatre and arts management roles by supporting performance projects.
You will graduate with skills that will enable you to navigate the complexities of teaching within the musical theatre industry.
On this course you will:
- Train in musical theatre dance, singing and stage acting.
- Choose your focus to reflect your strengths.
- Develop your practical teaching skills in vocal or dance teaching.
- Have opportunities to perform in projects ranging from large scale musical theatre to straight plays, smaller ensemble projects and dance revues.
- Be able to audition for performance projects at the Alexandra Theatre and other regional theatres.
- Study topics with a specific focus on teaching.
- Learn from highly experienced practitioners in musical theatre and in teaching performance work.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
You will be taught by a core team of experienced and highly-qualified tutors together with a wide-ranging team of acting, dance and vocal coaches drawn from a team of more than 200 specialist staff.
You will be assessed by a range of assignments including essays, portfolios, examinations, performances, practical work, project work, presentations and seminar discussions.
What you will study
You will study a selection of core and optional modules in each year. Each module is worth a number of credits is delivered differently, depending on its content and focus of study.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Opera And Operetta
Available in two different delivery modes, this module can be followed as either a conventional weekly series of lectures during semester two, or as a week long intensive culminating in a staged performance outside the semester period. Learning is focused on examples drawn from 19th century opera forms, seeking to develop a lively sense of the evolving performance context which came to be described as operetta.
Where you could go after your studies
This BA (Hons) Teaching of Musical Theatre (TMT) degree will prepare you for your future career. You will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills to enhance your CV and your employability.
As performers, alumni have gone into:
- West End productions
- Major touring productions throughout Europe
- Teaching in stage schools
- Major cruise ships including Disney
- UK and International small-scale touring theatre
- Private singing teaching
- Edinburgh Festival
- Stage managers, arts managers and producers picking up contracts in the UK and around the world
You could choose to continue your studies at postgraduate level.
Study options at the University of Chichester include:
- MA Music Performance
- MA Music Teaching