BA (Hons) Songwriting and Cabaret Performance Explore songwriting and work with companies including Talent Artistic Group, Sonic Artists and Syd Lawrence Orchestra Course in Pakistan || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
Train to perform on cruise ships, in stage shows and hotels around the world by developing your practical skills in creative song writing with an equally strong emphasis on preparing you for work in wider musical contexts.
On this BA (Hons) Songwriting and Cabaret Performance degree you will take part in fully staged cabaret floor shows and have access to auditions for full scale production work. You will receive individual tuition in your specialist vocal or accompaniment discipline throughout your studies, and join one or more of our six orchestras, five choirs and nine other taught performance ensembles.
You will work with industry partners TAG (Talent Artistic Group), Sonic Artists and professionals from the West End, jazz venues, BBC Radio, chart topping recording artists and the most prestigious cruise companies in the world.
Demonstrate your work to leading agency partners with regular performances, perform in an industry showcase in your final year and develop your professional showreel before you graduate.
On this course you will:
- Develop your practical skills in creative song writing.
- Receive individual tuition in your specialist vocal or accompaniment discipline.
- Perform for leading agency partners, in fully stages cabaret floor shows, and in an industry Showcase.
- Audition for full scale production work.
- Be able to join one or more of our six orchestras, five choirs and nine other taught performance ensembles.
- Work with industry partners TAG (Talent Artistic Group), Sonic Artists and professionals from the West End, jazz venues, BBC Radio, and chart-topping recording artists.
- Train to perform on cruise ships, in stage shows and hotels around the world.
- Develop your professional showreel.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
You will study using lecturers, seminars, practical classes and workshops. You will learn from a core team of experienced and qualified tutors alongside a wide-ranging team of more than 60 specialist instrumental and vocal teachers.
You will be assessed through a range of assignments including essays, exams, exhibitions, performance and practical work, project work, presentations and seminar discussions.
Saara Sofia Paakko
What you will study
You will study a range of core and optional modules during the course.
Modules you could study include:
- Cabaret Skills
- Introduction to Song Writing
- Professional Skills (recording studio techniques)
- Performance Development (one-to-one lessons)
- Build Your Own Show
- Song Writing Techniques
- Professional Resilience
- Create Your Own Showreel
- Technical Skills
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Learn from experienced performers, musicians and tutors
You will be taught by a core team of experienced and highly qualified tutors alongside a wide-ranging team of more than 60 specialist instrumental and vocal teachers.
As well as supporting student development and the student experience our staff are active, practicing professional musicians and researchers who regularly perform and record. We have around 140 professional tutors who visit campus regularly throughout the semester to deliver our practical and contextual modules. You will be supported by your one-to-one tutor and your module tutors, as well as your Academic Advisor.
Where you could go after your studies
This degree prepares you for a range of careers across the entertainment industry. When you graduate you can benefit from our connections with industry employers and agents.
As performers, past students have gone into:
- West End productions
- Major touring productions throughout Europe
- Major cruise ships including Disney
- UK and International small-scale touring theatre
- Film and TV in both the UK and US
- Edinburgh Festival
- Cruise ship bands on P&O
- Warner Leisure Hotels
- Stage managers, arts managers and producers picking up contracts in the UK and around the world
Once you graduate you can join the Musical Theatre Alumni Facebook group to share your progress and keep up with other graduates.
You could choose to continue your studies at postgraduate level.
Study options at the University of Chichester include:
- MA Music Performance
- MA Performance: Theatre
- MA Screen Acting
- MA Music Teaching