BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (Music) Comprehensive musical theatre training specialising in the voice, with acting, dancing and performance development Course in Pakistan || Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
This BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (Music) degree is the only musical theatre course in the UK to place the voice, acting through song and song analysis at its core while also giving a substantial skills framework with the study of dance (ballet, tap and jazz), acting techniques and contextual modules through all three years.
This new pathway explores the practical, theoretical and emotional analysis of the music of musical theatre . The ‘Head, Hand, Heart’ model is central to this degree and promotes the importance of ‘understanding, doing and feeling’. This model will help you to enhance your future professional success and employability.
With a high level of contact time, BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (Music) also includes opportunities to take part in the dedicated second and third year productions, study swing routes, perform in numerous concerts in a variety of venues and create an Industry Showreel with professional headshots.
On this course you will:
- Study acting through song and be able to attend regular masterclasses in vocal studies, repertoire and music literacy.
- Develop your audition technique and ensemble singing.
- Study dance including ballet, jazz and tap.
- Enhance your acting techniques.
- Explore the historical, cultural and political implications and applications of musical theatre.
- Take part in performance projects including large scale musical theatre, straight plays, smaller ensemble projects and revues.
- Learn from highly experienced practitioners in musical theatre.
- Have opportunities to develop skills in technical theatre and arts management roles.
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
You will complete theoretical and practical study in most of your modules. Your typical study week will include dance technique classes, supplemental training practices, lectures, seminars, tutorials, studio-based workshops and application of practice.
Outside of scheduled classes you will complete independent study including researching texts, completing individual or group tasks and working on your assignments.
What you will study
You will study a selection of core and optional modules in each year. Each module is worth a number of credits is delivered differently, depending on its content and focus of study.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Musical Theatre Skills
You will explore the importance of communicative performance and of an actively engaging relationship with the viewer in group lessons and in formative performance assessment. You will discuss aspects of performance practice relevant to your individual choice and develop your skills in forming critical judgements of performance.
Gain experience in industry
You will have the opportunity to complete various work and volunteering placements during your degree. This industry experience will help to boost your CV when you graduate and shows employers that you have practical experience alongside your degree.
Where you could go after your studies
This BA (Hons) Musical Theatre (Music) degree will prepare you for your future career. You will have the opportunity to develop a broad range of skills to enhance your CV and your employability.
Many past graduates are now working in some of the principal producing houses.
As performers, alumni have gone into:
- West End productions
- Major touring productions throughout Europe
- Pit band and musical direction regionally and in the West End
- Major cruise ships including Disney
- UK and International small-scale touring theatre
- Film and TV in both the UK and US
- Edinburgh Festival
- Stage managers, arts managers and producers picking up contracts in the UK and around the world
You could choose to continue your studies at postgraduate level.
Study options at the University of Chichester include:
- MA Music Performance
- MA Music Teaching