BA (Hons) Dance Performance Dance Performance is an intensive dance training that develops your technical creative and performance skills Course in Islamabad|| Registration Open
Registration Open= +92-3315999937, +92- 3215056755 (WhatsApp Only)
With a focus on contemporary dance performance and progressing into 3Fall Dance Company in your 3rd Year, this intensive dance training aims to prepare you for the world of work as a versatile dance artist and performer. You will be developing your own choreographic voice alongside working with professional choreographers who are both your regular tutors and visiting artists. In the past, 3Fall dancers have worked with James Wilton, Richard Chappell, Lila Dance, Kay Crook and Ceyda Tanc.
Dance technique is taken every day to build your technical foundations and strength with classes in contemporary dance – including classes on Cunningham, Limon, release, Classical Ballet, contact improvisation, somatic practices, and dance styles from wider contexts such as aerial and styles influenced from Turkish or other cultural perspectives. In addition to these daily classes there are Performance Technique classes, approx. 3-4 hours per week in areas such as body conditioning, additional Ballet, Aerial, yoga, Feldenkrais or further contemporary to focus on specific aspects in relation to your training and performance. You will develop your technical and expressive skills through studio based choreographic works and take part in regular performances. The ratio of practice to theory for this course is approximately 70:30.
To support your studio practice modules that are in addition to technique, choreography, performance project, repertory, improvisation and performance; you will take modules such as Preparing the Dance Artist for Work (audition techniques, making a show reel, writing a CV), Teaching Dance Technique and you will undertake an Independent Study Project.
In your third year you will be a part of the 3Fall Dance Company, working with professional choreographers to prepare a full evening performance that is then toured to theatres and schools across the country.
On this course you will be:
- Studying on a highly practical course with a practice to theory ratio of 70:30.
- Taking 5 dance technique and 3-4 performance techniques classes per week.
- Studying a range of dance styles including contemporary technique and ballet.
- Performing regularly throughout your studies.
- Joining a close dance community and work with dance students from other courses and year groups.
- Being in 3Fall Dance Company and touring to venues outside of the university.
Discover the Dance Department
3Fall Dance Company
Join a working dance company
Being in the company will help prepare you for your career as a professional dancer as you tour locally, nationally and internationally. It is an intensive, work-based learning experience that develops your technical, creative and performance skills. You will work with professional choreographers as you tour to theatres, schools and colleges to perform. The repertoire changes each year and previous choreographers have included James Wilton, Stuart Waters, Fillip Van Huffel, Abi Mortimer, Aya Kobayashi, Yael Flexer, and Joe Garbett.
As a second area, you will have the opportunity to select and develop skills in arts administration and technical theatre and will be involved in the setting up of the tour (devising marketing materials and tour booking) and assisting in the technical preparations in operating the lighting and sound. You will gain experience in teaching by providing educational opportunities to school groups and leading residencies, devising workshops and running technique classes. We also link with the youth company 3Fall Youth at Shoreham Academy.
See the 3Fall Dance Company in action
Teaching and Assessment
How you will learn
You will complete a range of practical and contextual assessment tasks such as studio technique class assessments, live performances of your choreography, PowerPoint presentations for modules such as Preparing the Dance Artist for Work and written assignments for Research Methodologies and Independent Study Project.
Outside of scheduled classes you will complete independent study including researching texts, completing individual or group tasks and working on your assignments.
What you will study
Your typical study week will include dance technique classes, supplemental training practices, lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratory skills sessions, studio-based workshops and application of practice.
This degree is made up of modules. You will study a selection of core and optional modules each year.
This list is indicative and subject to change.
Select a year
You will complete daily technique classes to develop your performance and dance understanding. You will refine your technical skills through reflective practice. You will explore explore key elements of dance fitness.
Where you could go after your studies
This BA (Hons) Dance Performance degree prepares you for a range of careers across the dance industry.
You could become a:
- Dance performer
- Community dance practitioner
- Independent dance artist (performer, choreographer)
- Dance company education officer
- Postgraduate student and researcher
Previous dance graduates have moved into different areas of performance, teaching, administration, postgraduate study and research. This shows the range of careers available to you when you graduate.
Some graduates have become community dance artists, creating their own companies such as Doodle Dance or working with different groups including CAT groups, Youth Dance, SEND, and the elderly.
- Kayleigh Crook: dancer with mapdance (2011); Kayleigh is currently an independent dance artist and choreographer. Her company Chhaya Collective produces some beautiful work that explores the relationships between artists in the UK and India. Kayleigh returned to Chichester to make a work on 3Fall Dance Company for the 2020 tour.
- Andy Granville: Went on to complete his PGCE has taught dance in several schools in Kent and is now the Lead Dance Studies Teacher at the Royal Ballet.
- Jen Grant and Joe Garbett: Set up aKa Dance Theatre Company in 2014. Joe has since returned to Chichester to make works on both 3Fall Dance Company and Hive Dance Collective.
- Charlotte Hannah: Undertook the JV2 training with Jasmin Vardimon and then joined Motionhouse.
Browse our aumni on Facebook to discover some of the successes of our students after they graduate.